Community Grants Programme will support charities to REACT to this pandemic, PREPARE to reopen services or adapt their services accordingly, and to RESTORE/RENEW their operations in order to deliver what may be for many, a new way of life. Their average grant for 2019/20 currently stands at £4,900
NI Scouting Ireland Scout Groups are eligible to apply for support and a number of our NI scout groups have been successful in obtaining funding towards camping equipment.
You must outline up to two objectives for your proposed project and how these will be achieved and the costs involved. For example:
- Objective – Tailoring our scouting programme to cope with COVID safely and in line with government guidance
- Objective – Preparing our premises for a return to scouting indoors safely and in line with government guidance
Some ideas as you prepare to restart scouting could include:
- Shelter tents to support outdoor activities in all weather
- Single person tents (adapting camping for COVID)
- Trangia stoves and fuel due to focus on outdoor activities
- Orienteering pack, compasses, maps so that each child should have their own equipment
- Additional craft resources (pencils, markers, glues, etc.) so that each child has their own equipment.
- STEM packs
- Beaver maps and bags
- Signage (interior and exterior) to help maintain social distancing and hygiene in common areas
- Adequate facilities for hand hygiene e.g. hand sanitiser stations, liquid soap, disposable paper towels, anti-bac hand gel
- Waste bins, bin bags
- Cleaning materials due to requirement for more regular cleaning of equipment and premises to deter the spread of the virus.
- Cost of an enhanced clean by an external firm prior to returning indoors
You must upload the following documents with your application:
- Your group constitution
- Your most recent signed accounts
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate
- Safeguarding policies – Code of Good Practice and Adult Safeguarding Policy
Please be mindful if you have already applied for funding elsewhere for the same projects. Also scout groups should ensure that their CCNI filings are up to date (as this funder will check that information).